Help Needed - Parts from France

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Help Needed - Parts from France

Post by addo »

Some Valeo bits that will be extortionate locally, seem much better priced in France.

Is any regular member with a "France Métropolitaine" address, willing to assist by ordering/receiving these, and then forwarding to myself? Costs would be paid in advance to the helper, including a modest gratuity.

Thanks, Adam.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Adam how heavey are they as my company has an office or two in france and im sure I could ask them to hold something to be picked up from them if you arranged pick up from them??

Wouldn't reccomend it for a few days though with all this volcano stuff going on...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Thanks for your offer - we just need one of your reps to visit you with the parts, and the processes would be in motion! I need a radiator and condenser. Both slightly fragile but light enough. Biggest issue is parts suppliers there, generally require you to have a mailing address in mainland France. This is certainly true of Mister-Auto and Oscaro.

Maybe I should pay one of you folks, the return ferry cost and you can just pick them up from a French factor by pre-arrangement? :lol:

I realise current freight/travel arrangements are challenged; my timeframe is "promptly" - not "yesterday"... If Vince wants to quote competitively through his work and earn two dozen beers' worth on the side, he's welcome.