C5 Windscreen

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duracell
My Cars:

C5 Windscreen

Post by Duracell »

Hi

Does anybody know of any history of C5's (2003 era) cracking windscreens? We had a screen replaced in Febuary due to a crack which started in the bottom offside corner and travelled (no visible damage) - we now have another crack in the top offside corner - again with no apparent damage starting it.

Richard
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I cant say ive heard of that problem, ive certainly not had a C5 with a cracked windscreen.

So there is no visable chip which it started from? Seems a little odd.

If its not caused by a chip then it can only be due to body flex? Though the C5s are very strong cars, so i cant imagine that.

Might have been a tiny chip which is now not visable in the crack?

(Totally off topic, but at a local-ish retail park today, there was a van doing free windscreen repairs, nice idea i thought. There was a hugh line of cars waiting too.)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I've spent a fair few years around c5's and never heard of that either, do you know of any accidents the vehicle may have been involved in in the past which may have slightly distorted the body?. Maybe the people that supplied/fitted the new window have fitted a non genuine slightly poor quality screen & the shape of it isn't quite right (clutching at straws there a bit :lol: ) or maybe the screen fitters have trapped something between the screen & body of the car by accident when they bonded it in.
Music keeps me going.