2003 C5 2.2HDi auto

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

2003 C5 2.2HDi auto

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi all
Did a trip out to France last wednesday and came back yesterday, no problems on the way there but on the way back it seemed very under powered, once I got it rolling it was ok, keeping to the speed limits (well just over :D ) but there was no kickdown and acceleration was quite tame.
I had no warning lights, no messages at all (apart from the usual airbag fault) When I got to Calais and boarded the ferry it was still down on power but when I got off at Dover it was all Ok.

My last trip I have a few problems but it was chucking it down with LOADS of surface water, I had the ESP/ASR not functioning and Antipollution fault come on at the same time, both cleared the next day and have not returned.
Any idea's?????
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Check the vacuum system used to control the turbo / swirl valves, a good system should give you about 200mB absolute at idle, anything much above this figure means you have a leak which can / will affect operation of both Turbo and Swirl valves.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
sijrayner
My Cars:

Post by sijrayner »

just wanted to chip in here, cachaciero (hello mate) helped me out with a similar problem before, and sounds like yours is heading into same problem area, the vacuum diaphragm starts to deteriorate and you start to get odd power drops. i am sure if you ask him how to 1) check system and 2) bypass diaphragm ( as i have done, car now runs lovely and no warning coming up on dash, until i can replace the actuator) he can help.
as for the other situation with the wet weather causing problems, i believe the air intake for the airbox is situated quite low down on near side, so if you drive in UK on left or even in europe but go through puddles the water can make it's way into the airbox and cause a bit of a clog in the air filter which causes the MAF to report low air flow to the ECU and cause it to reduce fuel flow in accordance with it's readings. the ESP/ASR and anti pollution fault warning are generally the first thing the ecu reports for any fault which causes the car to not run perfectly and will (as mine did) disappear as soon as the correct fault is sorted.
why oh why did i buy a C5.