C5 electric windows

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Julz
My Cars:

C5 electric windows

Post by Julz »

I notice the window switches have 2 positions on the raise /lower, to either go partly up/down or all the way. On mine though the raise fully function doesn't seem to work on both front windows. Should LX's have this functionality or is this a fault? is it likely to be a switch problem or is there some way to set home positions?
1999 306 1.9TDi meridian estate (written off)
2001 C5 2.0HDI LX estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

On mine, if you flick the switch it raises/lowers fully. If you hold it on until it reaches where you want it, then let go, it stops (mostly).
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Mines was if you touch it and take fingers off it stops, if you touch it for a longer period and let go it continues all the way.

My new car don;t do nothing. I pulled the switch out as it doesn;t work. How much is a driver side window switch unit and what is the part no?
C'est pas possible!
mrlogik
My Cars:

switch filth

Post by mrlogik »

If you pull the switch apart and clean where the little rubber pads make contact they will work a lot better as mine stopped working altogether one wet winters evening,a bit of carb cleaner and a rag has cured the problem and theyve been fine for months now.
c5 hdi 110 lx
Xantia hdi forte 140,000 [sold]