Xantia electrics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrbisc
My Cars:

Xantia electrics

Post by mrbisc »

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding some electrical nigglies im experiencing on a Xantia 99 model.
1-remote plip not working new batteries inserted, no light flashing in car.
2-front electric windows not working, rears are ok.
3-none of interior lights work, all bulbs ok-boot light works.
4-rev counter needle stuck
5-central locking locks then unlocks on key-remote plip not working.
I have tested for power to windows and interior lights but no power-could this be an earthing issue or something more complex? there was water in passenger footwell, all wiring appears good no splits/freys etc. Car starts and drives well. many thanks :)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

The locks locking then unlocking is the Locking ECU detecting one of the front doors are not closed..

HOWEVER, if both doors are shut, then the ECU is not picking up the "Door Shut" signal from inside the door lock.. However, with no front windows working my guess is theres a couple of broken wires between the front drivers door and pillar!

You'll need to pull back the Gromit and have a look at the wires there to start with..

The PLIP may need re-sync - ing with the car.. Put the key in the ignition, and switch on the ignition with all lights on, then press the OPEN button on the PLIP a few times, this should re sync the two together..

However, also to check, the switch in the circuit board in the key has not come away, as its surface mount..

Is the rev counter stuck FULLY over at Max Revs?? Then other then fiddleing with a wire through a hole to push the needle back over to 0 you'll need to remove the clocks and tip them over...

On the other hand if its not working at all, then theres a breakdown between the ECU and the Rev counter..

Hope this can make sense.

Regards
Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto