Xantia Fuel Filter Housing 2.1/1.9TD

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
admiral51
(Donor 2026)
Posts: 2681
Joined: 24 May 2007, 10:11
x 391

Xantia Fuel Filter Housing 2.1/1.9TD

Unread post by admiral51 »

Hi all

Can anyone confirm that the filter housing top is the same size even though the height of the housing is different.

The reason im asking is i have a slight crack(broken off :twisted: ) in the outlet pipe on the lid on my 2.1TD and im hopeing to aquire a lid from a 1.9TD today :)

Cheers

Colin
User avatar
Old-Guy
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 1815
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 12:08
x 24

Unread post by Old-Guy »

Can't confirm that they are the same. However, when I cracked mine (changing the cold idle thermostat) on a Saturday afternoon, I repaired it very successfully (still in use after 2 years) with Araldite having very thoroughly degreased the cover with hot Fairy (powder) and then with IPA (isopropanol not India Pale Ale!).

Guy
2012 Subaru Forester - capable but no magic carpet
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi - not missed!
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - sadly missed
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 14:28
x 77

Unread post by spider »

I'm about 90% sure they are the same, sorry I cannot be 100%.

The filters are similar between sizes anyway (only length) so I would be surprised if the lid was different...

I don't think the 'lid' is available separately otherwise I could check...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 14:28
x 77

Unread post by spider »

Update, I just checked something...

For a 406 (so should be the same, albeit differing part numbers no doubt):

190418 - FILTER COVER (XUD9SD)

190418 - FILTER COVER (XUD11BTE)


So they are the same after all, and available separately if needed. Hope that helps, that's just the 'lid'
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
admiral51
(Donor 2026)
Posts: 2681
Joined: 24 May 2007, 10:11
x 391

Unread post by admiral51 »

Thanks for the replies guys :D :D

Have managed to aquire a second hand lid from a donor vehicle and all is now well again :) :)

Must remember not to be quite so aggressive in future costs money in the end :oops:

Colin