Xantia / XM LHM reservoir stickers?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Xantia / XM LHM reservoir stickers?

Post by vince »

Guys, a short while back someone drafted up an image of the LHM sticker often missing from the reservior of Xantias and XM's.
Looks like this:

I have obtained a quote from a sticker place to make a batch up.

They will charge £5.50 a sticker but only seem to want to do a run of x10 or more. Is anyone interested in getting one for their engine bay? The cost would be the stated £5.50 plus a second class stamp....

Anyone interested please let me know and if / once i get to x10 then i can get a batch made up. I want to get one for mine before the 15th of May if i can :wink:

Vince
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Count me in for two Vince :D

My project Activa still has a genuine one!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

yep put me down for one, mines crinkled and when i convert her to a tct that just wont do :roll: .

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I thought someone might want these.....however...

The company i approached have a minimum order spend of £45 which would get me 500 stickers printed :shock: (still not ruled out yet)

But.....Im in the process of making my own. Ive printed the correct size to fit the recessed area on the reservoir and will be covering the sticker with transparent vinyl. If they are attached with wafer thin double sided tape onto a cleaned surface then i reckon they will look and last just as good as an original one.

Once ive made one and tried it, if all goes well then you can have some for nowt :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
MJM
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by MJM »

Vince, if it's any help we have some A4 size sticky labels at work which are waterproof and hardwearing. We also have a laser printer with waterproof ink. It might be worth a go .....
MJM
1999 Dante red Xantia Exclusive 2,0 petrol. No smelly diesel for me. Now re-homed
2007 Wicked Red C5 Exclusive. Now a smelly diesel automatic for me.
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks for the offer MJM :)

I made some last night and have fitted one which looks a treat 8-)

Printed on paper, laminated with a piece of thick sellotape front and back and then stuck on with industrial strength double sided tape.

Looks great and has lasted a fulls days driving so far with no complaints :P

And the best bit...cost = Nowt :D