Gearbox Type Code ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hundleton1

Gearbox Type Code ?

Post by hundleton1 »

any one know where i can fine the gearbox type on my berlingo van ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Depending on year/engine, it'll be either a BE3 or a BE4

Why?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
hundleton1

Post by hundleton1 »

CitroJim wrote:Depending on year/engine, it'll be either a BE3 or a BE4

Why?
its a 2008 1.6 hdi manual, we have a problem with it coming out of gear, mostly 5th but it does affect all gears, the gear leaver is also now sitting under 5th when in nutral rather than in the centre, same thing happened last year under warranty and it had to have a new box, same thing started again last week, have had it inspected and again internal gearbox issue with selector mechanism , the problem is the warranty is out so im having to get a salvage one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I very much doubt it's the gearbox itself. I believe these vehicles have a cable operated gearchange and going by your symptoms, this is where the problem lies.

Stretched cables will put the gearstick in the wrong position.

Don't go swappaing gearboxes unnecessarily...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...