C3 stop start alternator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roycollingwood

C3 stop start alternator

Post by roycollingwood »

hi to all.
this is my 1st post here
i have a c3 stop start 1.4, since november i have replaced 14 headlight bulbs, also keep getting stop start fault.
I took it into the dealer about the stop start fault, they said its the battery, the car is still under guarentee, just, they say battery is ot covered by guarentee, but after a lot of emails back & forth to citoen uk, they have said they will replace the battery if i pay labour charge (£40).
I have check charging volts, because of all the headlight bulbs blowing, it 15.1volts (calibrated digital multimeter) seems a bit high to me, anyone know what it should be? i would expect about 14.2v

Roy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It would sound a bit high normally but the alternator on a stop & start is a different beast altogether, Its a reversible alternator & is also the 'starter motor' as there is no starter motor fitted to the car so it needs to be quite heavy duty.
You would really need to compare it to another stop & start to be sure.
Is it the main battery under the bonnet or the auxilluary one under the seat thats faulty ?
roycollingwood

Post by roycollingwood »

there is only one battery

Roy
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

roycollingwood wrote:there is only one battery

Roy
Look underneath the passangers front seat, theres a motorbike battery under a little cover.
roycollingwood

Post by roycollingwood »

you are right! there is a black box there, but i cannot see how to remove the lid to see whats in it.

Roy