synergy smoke

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

snapper_uk

synergy smoke

Post by snapper_uk »

hi all - newby here hoping for some advice. Synergy 2.1 desiel 16v hdi on a 51 plate. Car runs very well smothest car i ever had actuaally, however, when i start up from cold it is excessively smokey, i have done the injector cleaner in the fuel tank but when cold lots of smoke. It went thro mot which suprised me but maybe cos the engine was hot. The fuel consumption is 34mpg iapart from the smoke its a dream car. Any ideas?
mike
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

could be a split in a boost hose, doser valve actuater faulty or arm fallen or snapped off, could be a stuck or sticking egr valve or actuator problem

Cant think of anything else at the moment (too many beers!!), and its either a 2.0 or a 2.2 diesel, they never made a 2.1 16v diesel engine !

also the 16v HDI's are prone to munching cambelts and aux belts, check when they were last changed and if in doubt, get them done as the synergie is a nightmare to get to anything engine related on if it does go wrong !
snapper_uk

Post by snapper_uk »

cheers for the advice i will get that checked out, would it be prudent to get water pump changed at same time as the belts?
mike
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

snapper_uk wrote: would it be prudent to get water pump changed at same time as the belts?
mike
Most definitely. And the tensioner also.

Gammy