Help pls on cooling fans Peugeot 306 1.8 16v sxi petrol

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rockin

Help pls on cooling fans Peugeot 306 1.8 16v sxi petrol

Post by Rockin »

hi all hope someone can help me
with this problem im having.
i own 306 sxi 1.8 been running fine for ages but last week both fans stop working the temp went to red line on dash so i new they werent kicking in so i took it to a local garage they didnt have a clue really they said the motors have gone by the look of it and would cost me £500 to fix in garage so i said what else can i do he told me to go to breakers and pick up second hand ones and try get someone to fit it,
i told the bloke that i had 306 with a/c and he dismantle the fan from other 306 i picked them up they look the same twin fans and it good knick.

so me and my mate removed the front bumper and unclipped the twin fans and put the other set in its place connected the power at bottom of the fans right hand side,
was told by mate that removing the brown senor the fans should come on like fail safe but only the left one comes on fast that doesnt seem right and also reading on here both should com on fast so really stumped what to do next hope someone can help.
Rockin

Post by Rockin »

might of solve it managed to get the control unit out and theres 3 pins corroded and one snap off and its inside the inserted bit but only problem is where do i get the bitron from are they cheap
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I don't think they are expensive even from the main dealer (I could be wrong)

Worth a quick phone call on Monday though. Failing that scrapyard (although the trouble with used sensors and electronics is you're never 100% sure what condition they are in until they are fitted)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG