Late 'M' 2.0CT Turbo Exclusive manual hatch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Late 'M' 2.0CT Turbo Exclusive manual hatch

Post by citroenesque »

I just returned from France, having collected this lovely example...

BUT

Rather upsettingly, I came home to my green Exclusive. And well, despite the better provenance and indeed the fact it's actually on the face of it a better bet, the red car doesn't - for me - have the 'turn back to look at it while walking away' X factor. I loved driving it and I thought it did remarkably well. There are no real issues with it - certainly nothing that would need to cause undue concern - and the interior is VERY good. The history is all there and the car pulls like a train. Head says KEEP IT. But: Heart says: Keep your sexy green one and FIND THE RED XM A GOOD HOME. I hate to do this in a way as it suggests I've cynically exploited the generosity of others. But - it is important to recognise - this car was worth zilch, sitting in the Alps with no prospect of returning to the UK before the tax/MOT ran out and I did in fact leave it a couple of days after phoning around to see if anyone else wanted it... (apart from the fact it was in the CCC magazine too), so as I have brought it back to the UK, I feel I might actually have saved it from an otherwise bleak future. But enough of salving my conscious!

If anyone's interested I'm only after enough to cover what it cost me to collect/cover/insure/fuel (£347) plus what I think I need to sort a couple of jobbies out on the green XM. So £500 anybody? It's taxed until the end of April and MOT'd until 23rd April, but all indications are that it's a good 'un and shouldn't need anything doing. The car's done 132k miles.

There's a pretty comprehensive SH, the body is in EXCELLENT shape, the tyres are very good Nokian all-weather jobbies, just about everything works as it should (apart from the radio - I'll try to get it working - it's a code issue connected with the battery being disconnected, and the boot lock's a bit reluctant to follow the lead of the central locking). There are some extras such as a Haynes manual, some XM literature, a bike rack/tow bar with electrics and a spare battery - important for alpine use. A pair of LHD headlamps. Oh, and the air con works.

Niggles: ABS light stayed on for the first bit of the trip but has since gone out. Turning the ignition off and on again cured it, so it seemed. The driver's electric mirror is a bit temperamental: but once set I didn't need to do it again! The accumulator clicks a little too frequently, so might need regassing. One of the wheels feels a little out of balance at 119-126 kmph. Things to do: lubricate the clutch cable and consider a cam belt change (I had my green XM's done - including aux belt and an oil/filter change for £170 cash locally) soon.

On the BIG UPSIDE: Recent new clutch. Recent OE exhaust fitted by Citroen. :shock: £££s. Excellent tyres with more tread than reasonable to expect, and recent new windscreen.

BUT what is important is that I can assure the owners that this car HAS gone to a good home. Please let me know if you want to take advantage of this spectacular car.
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Now for sale on eBay.
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k