Peugeot 307 HDI - Antipollution warning

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beemernut
My Cars:

Peugeot 307 HDI - Antipollution warning

Post by beemernut »

My daughter bought a 55 plate 307 1.6HDI 110BHP from a second hand dealer last summer. Just at the end of the 3 month warranty the antipollution warning would be displayed, intermittently, on the fascia and the power would drop. The car has been put onto a diagnostics reader with no errors being displayed and apparently the wastegate is working correctly. With the problem still happening the sensor switch on the turbo was replaced by a Peugeot dealer and my daughter was told if that did not sort out the problem it may need a new turbo but that may not solve the intermittent fault. The fault reoccured again the day after the sensor was replaced.
As an 18yo paying for the car and now with the possible expence of a further £600 to £1300 for a new turbo which may not solve the problem, are there any suggestions as to what may be causing the problem?
BX 19 Meteor Diesel 1990
BX 19 TRS 1987
BX 17TZD Estate 1992
XM 2.0SI Mark 1 1990
In the words of OGRI "Stuff Everything - I've always got my bike" (or should that be Bike & Citroens?)
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

Hi,

I think that there hav been a few on here that have suffered this fault.
I think the faults have ranged from sensors to a fluid that is used within the exhaust/cat system (I think).
Using the forum search function, do a search for anti pollution and you may get some answers/ideas to assist with this problem.
I hope that this helps.
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
mickeybo

re turbo check

Post by mickeybo »

(tricks of the trade) Ask your mechanic has he carried out a vacuum test before condeming turbo. Using a vacuum gauge for readings at turbo solenoid
wastegate valve with engine idling expect reading of at least of approx 25inhg
vac in side. vacuum at turbo side of valve engine idling should show approx
18 in hg at idling Just a simple check hope it helps
Best Reguards Mickey bo