Message for Dave Burns.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andyg

Message for Dave Burns.

Post by andyg »

Hello Dave,
I have a ZX Volcane TD and the rear radius arm bearings have failed for the second time, first time round i was scared off with horror stories regarding the fact that they would be impossible to remove, so i just replaced the rear subframe lock, stock and barrel from a breakers. Downside is that that has only lasted six months.
After reading your thread regarding changing the bearings themselves, you fail to mention whether you had any skin left on your knuckles, whether it is a job that can be done (as it says in the Haynes Manuals) or just plain impossible due to water ingress/corrosion (not mentioned in Haynes Manuals).
I have a copious amount of swear words ready and the recent skin grafts to my knuckles have now healed!. It is a job worth doing but is it possible (on a 94) or just forget it and replace the rear axle again[?]
Andy.
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

if the rear wheels are just leaning inwards at the top and the suspension is making any dodge noises i would leave it alone. My 1995 zx is the same in terms the rear wheel leaning inwards at the top. Its common problem on zx/306/405/106/xantia etc.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have a look at this site - they may do ZX's
http://www.sspengineering.co.uk/
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Not too difficult if you have the right clobber and no threads are rusted solid and the like, but the real bugbear is the arm shafts, if they're buggered you'll need replacements anyway.
If you still have the other suspension you might be lucky as I was and be able to make one good unit from both of them.
No loss of skin involved[:)]
Dave