Mechanic Proximity Theory

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Mechanic Proximity Theory

Post by addo »

Reckon I've figured out why Peugeot/Citroën vehicles almost never misbehave when there's a mechanic in them.

During their training, PSA microchips every technician. Like ignition keys, this microchip works on proximity to the (same) transponder. When within five feet of the unit, it sends an "elevated alert" to the various ECUs. This means the assorted modules are switched to a hyper-sensitive mode, so even the weakest signal from a dying sensor is read clearly.

As a result, nothing ever appears wrong. :roll: There is a trailing lag on the response, so for the next twenty minutes following last microchip detection, the elevated alert remains...

Does this seem a reasonable postulation? :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Mechanic Proximity Theory

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: Does this seem a reasonable postulation? :wink:
Yes, and it's not only PSA who do this :lol:

Microsoft build it into their operating systems and every piece of electronic equipment ever made has this ability...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

Very reasonable, and I recognise this as pretty much the same scenario as my patients and consultant psychiatrists. :wink:

Andy
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))