C5 2.0 HDi engine valve query...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

C5 2.0 HDi engine valve query...

Post by old'uns »

can anyone tell me what this pipe is for?
i know it should go in the valve onto spigot, but is there a piece missing or does it slip straight on?
at moment it fits but not a very tight fit, came off a couple of times.

took off intercooler to clean up as was covered in 7 yrs of oil..

been a bit sluggish lately, drop down to 4th on slight gradients, down to 2nd for turns, no overtaking power, etc....hence the clean up.

now got anti pollution fault for the first time ever & EML , not too worried still drives as 'normal', but with MAF connected or not seems no difference in performance which after a brief run seems to have improved ie i can now hear turbo whistle again & pulls in all gears. MAF is 2ish years old, is it likely main culprit although next job is EGR clean up when i get 5 mins
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

should just push on & be fairly secure, you may find its now saturated with oil & has expanded a bit. there is nothing missing from it.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

I've disconnected that valve on my car and blanked the port off, its there to close off the fresh inlet air to allow suction of the exhaust fumes from the EGR system