05 Dispatch van - head gasket

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nginmu
My Cars: Jan 2005 Dispatch 815D Enterprise

05 Dispatch van - head gasket

Post by nginmu »

Have been losing coolant at the rate of about half a litre per 100 miles of motorway driving. The van seems to have been a bit sluggish too.

Noticed a large puddle of oil sitting on top of the gearbox, which looks to be seeping across from a leak on the engine, just by injector no.4, between the head and the block.

When the enging is running, you can see oily mess sucking & blowing from there.

I'm figuring the headgasket is on it's way out? If so.. how expensive are they to get replaced?
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

What engine (DW8 or HDi) ?

I'm thinking as this is more or less the same as the Pug Expert van, it 'might' be necessary to drop the engine out for space reasons. I've never had to do one though, but it looks a bit tight for space (especially the rear head bolts)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
nginmu
My Cars: Jan 2005 Dispatch 815D Enterprise

Post by nginmu »

ISTR pinning it down as a DW8.

Not so sure it's a head gasket failure now though as none of the other classic signs are present - no mayo, no white smoke, no pressurised coolant, no oily coolant, no rough idle & what I thought was clearly a blow from the gasket, turned out to be an optical illusion off a flange.

Water still vanishing at a rate, but there's a slight crackly noise when you put your foot down so I'm kinda thinking.. water pump?