heater blower issue

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wiggie_me

heater blower issue

Post by wiggie_me »

ok, iv jus fitted a fuel heater ( for veg oil ) i know the fan was working before i fitted it, now its not.

iv checked the fuses under the bonnet and in the car, none are blown,so i used a lamp tester and no power at the blower fuse so it must be somthing before the fuse. any ideas?

i was playing around with the fuse box next to the battery looking for an ignition live. when fitting the fuel heater

also iv tested the motor with a 12v live to the red wire and it span....but now it wont? the black wire is now live with the 12v live feed on the red
michael2207
My Cars:

Post by michael2207 »

:? :? I have encountered a heater blower issue too, you switch the fan control on but the motor not working (its working cos i took it out and tested it), then after 10 secs, the control panel shows as blower switched off :? :?
:D :lol: I used to have a black '92 BX GTi 4x4; I wonder where it went? :D :lol:
evilally
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by evilally »

Can't help with the fan problem I'm afraid, but....

General wisdom is that you are better off with a coolant based heat exchanger. More heat, less complicated. The 405 also has a heat exchnager at the base of the fuel filter housing. This is used in cold weather but can be easily modified to be on permamently. Although I ditched the peugeot filter housing due to air ingress issues and replaced it with an aftermarket one, much better.
'96 405 1.6 GLX with 306 GTI engine on Cat cams @ 195bhp

'05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, 102k

'97 406 1.9TD, 314k.
tonupteabag
My Cars:

Post by tonupteabag »

i've just read this and i could do with advice on running veg oil and at what ratios i have a xantia same engine different badge but when i tried to mix some wvo and diesel (luckily not in the tank) it didnt mix despite a damn good shaking in a jerry can