Unable to post in Firefox?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

dnsey

Unable to post in Firefox?

Post by dnsey »

For some time now, I've been unable to post or reply to these forums using Firefox, for the simple reason that the appropriate buttons didn't appear when I was logged in.
Decided to tackle the problem today, and discovered that 'load images' was deselected for this site. This seems to have happened by default after a Firefox update.
Anyway, in case anyone else has the same issue, go to tools>page info>permissions, and ensure that the 'allow' radio button is 'on' under 'load images'.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks dnsey, Very useful information :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I'll have to check that but always used to use Firefox for this site (and many others) but currently use Flock on Vista (Firefox clone) and Galeon on Ubuntu as it renders the pages better (sharper text).

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just had a look at the Linux version (3.5.8) and all is as it should be. The Vista machine is busy elsewhere at the moment.

................................................................................................................................

ETA: No problems with the Windows version of Firefox either (3.6). Perhaps just a configuration glitch?
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Re: Unable to post in Firefox?

Post by Homer »

dnsey wrote:This seems to have happened by default after a Firefox update.
No such issue for me and I've only ever used Firefox for this forum.