Headlamp eam adapters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

agosling
My Cars:

Headlamp eam adapters

Post by agosling »

I will be leasing a C4 in Paris CDG in August and visiting the UK. Will I need light adapters and if so can anyone please advise where to get them?
Thanks in advance.
Alan Gosling
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i would think your best bet would be a local filling/gas station to were you are collecting the car from,

i dont know if LHD to RHD beam deflecters differ from the RHD to LHD version,

regards malcolm
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

They'll probably be a mirror image I'd imagine.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

If it's a rental & they know you are planning to come to the UK I would hope they you could help you out, either by supplying some gratis, or more likely for a small fee. From recollection they are about £7 a pair over here so they shouldn't be much more over there.
I don't ever recall seeing a foreign car over here that ever had any on though.... maybe they can't be a***d

Gammy
agosling
My Cars:

Headlamp eam adapters

Post by agosling »

Thanks for the quick responses. I am leasing the car from Citroen under their TT scheme so I will ask them although I don't expect much assistance from them.
Alan Gosling
Alan Gosling
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

While not advocating law-breaking, I can tell you from experience in cross-channelling that 90% of cars don't have any deflectors fitted.
The ports sell them at exhorbitant prices; if you really want to have something fitted then I suggest googling and cut out some shields, at least they will look as if you are obeying the law.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Interesting how this topic always rears its ugly head regularly.

I went to France on Tuesday by ferry and was harangued in the car lot at Dover by one of the ferry goffers, because the genuine Citroen headlamp masks fitted to my car are not the same as the beam benders they sell on the ferries. Tried to tell me that I would get a fine if caught by le flic.

Interested in watching the old farts in the queues busy fitting beam benders, whilst young 'lads' could not give a toss and drove off without masks or GB plates fitted.

Do recall last year, during the summer, see the police just outside Calais pulling over virtually every UK registered car and giving them the once over, with nasty on-the-spot fines, for non-compliance with their driving laws and safety equipment. A case of les Rostbifs comme les Vaches d'Argent, n'est pas?

Cannot say I can recall ever seeing a foriegn registered car in the UK fitted with beam benders.

Handyman
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

handyman wrote:Do recall last year, during the summer, see the police just outside Calais pulling over virtually every UK registered car and giving them the once over, with nasty on-the-spot fines, for non-compliance with their driving laws and safety equipment. A case of les Rostbifs comme les Vaches d'Argent, n'est pas?
From what I've read they're particularly hot on making sure that you have a reflective tabard. You need one for every occupant I think and what's more, it has to be close at hand. People have been fined for having a tabard but keeping it in the boot.
handyman wrote:Cannot say I can recall ever seeing a foriegn registered car in the UK fitted with beam benders.
A good point, neither can I. I'll keep my eyes open next time I'm using the tunnel.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​