Lexia 3 Diagnostic tool

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaunty2

Lexia 3 Diagnostic tool

Post by Jaunty2 »

Hi
I bought this tool from an Ebay seller in China since I refuse to be ripped off again by the stealers. Trouble is it refuses to work for me as it is supposed to. First, has anyone else got one to compare notes. Second, the Seller is trying to sort it out and seems genuine since he has sent me another but it is no better. It will not read live data from the ECU - even my PCMscan will read generic live data. Tried it on two EOBD cars 406 HDi and a 206 both the same problem. I need it to read all the available data to further identify any potential fault DTCs that may occur.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

I have one, what do you want to compare ?, i just plug my one in and it works straight away !

If your near Warminster in Wiltshire you can drop by and i can test it for you
Jaunty2

Post by Jaunty2 »

That's kind of you but I'm up in West Yorks.
Well I'm concerned that it may be something I'm not doing right, however, I have described as much as possible to the seller including sending screen shots etc. I do believe I understand the program quite well and I do know what I want to see. When I click on the F4 diag tool it takes me to the "Switch on ignition and connect test connector" then to "System Identification. Reading of the ECU" then "The ECU has not replied" screen.
the next screens run through a check list culminating in "Check interface connections". Well having checked the connectors and wiring right through to the ECU I have drawn a blank. The voltage at the pin 7 K line is .045v and have not done a resistance check on it, but it must be ok since the PCM scan gets a reading ok. So I'm reasonably sure the Comms are good

Looking at a number of forums it is quite common with Lexia 3 (PP2000-V21.14) but none list any solution except a few say it could be the Interface. I have a suspician that they have connected some wires up incorrectly after reading a Russian forum on the subject. That is not for me to start tinkering with at this stage. You say yours is ok so it will run from "Reading ECU" straight into the live data mode I assume.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

Yes, mine runs perfectly on live data and error codes and clearing them and actuator testing, it works with peugeot planet and lexia, and i have scanned peugeot 307,406, 806, 807 and a citroen C5 with it without any problems at all

have you tried updating the firmware in the Actia interface ?, maybe that will kick it into working ?
Jaunty2

Post by Jaunty2 »

Hi
What is the latest Firmware upgrade and where can I get it. I did suggest to the seller that this may be the problem but they did not offer any solution - I thought they had none. They asked me to send one of the units back for further analysis which I have done but I am perplexed they did not check the replacement before sending.

Thank you for advice
John
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

Mine automatically updated itself when i ran peugeot planet, i think the pp and lexia both check the firmware level and update automatically when you run them, but someone more knowledgable will know for definite (if they see this post!)

try installing pp and see if it updates then ?
Jaunty2

Post by Jaunty2 »

Hi
I did read somewhere that the firmware was updated with online update on Planet but I'm not sure I understood fully - many forums talk in riddles, they assume people should know. I have computer experts around me who admit they don't know everything about everything all the time.
I have tried it on two puggies 406HDi and a 206 both the same. It would be nice for someone like you locally with one working to try it on. I've lost count of the number of times I re-installed it so I've ruled out any possibility along those lines but hey, I'm ready to learn. I have many years in the trade and I don't rely on diagnostic tools since they still need a brain to interprit the data, but just like computers if someone makes it difficult to get in to interrogate just like a computer password then this is a whole new ball game. I've been using oscilloscopes up to now but that's getting harder to get probes in and manufacturers are constantlly making parts that need pairing.

Thanks for moving me forward.
John