FYI ACF50

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PDS
Location: Hull.East Riding of Yorkshire.England 1980 CX500ZABs
My Cars:

FYI ACF50

Post by PDS »

Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

I've been using it for years. Saves the bike from being dissolved in winter.

Several leagues above WD40 and then some. Definitely prevents premature rotting on the cars.

Brilliant stuff. Recommended.
Citroenless at the moment. CX or GS that is my dilemma!
2011 Volvo V70 D3
85 Mercedes 805d Campervan (Betsy))
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I do wonder...

Seems to be advocating a specific product.

PDS, grateful your comment please?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Mike and Jim, I'm convinced he's not intentionally spamming, just giving credit where credit's due (possibly over enthusiastically) and being helpful by linking to the product so others can locate it easily should they wish.
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

I believe PDS is trying to be helpful. ACF50 is a product used by the motorcycle fraternity to protect and lubricate. It's an excellent product and I use it on my Citroens and consider it an essential part of my tool kit. No rusty inner wings on my ZX ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my previous comment. :(
2011 Volvo V70 D3
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

I use acf50 on my motorbike too, the difference when riding through the winter on salted roads is massive, you dont get the white powdery deposits buiding up once you have acf50'd your bike

the only bit it doesnt work on is the exhaust, it simply burns off within a few minutes and provides no protection to the exhaust once its burnt off

I have been using it for 3 years now and nothing else i have tried comes close to being as good
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Featch wrote: Thanks for the vote of confidence in my previous comment. :(
That's odd Andy. I never saw it until now :? Not intentional by any means.

Well, sounds like top stuff! I think we can safely say it is well endorsed :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
PDS
My Cars:

Post by PDS »

I never spam.Sorry if anyone thought I was.It's just a great product to have in the armoury that not everyone knows about.I normally work in the Aircraft industry where it was developed for use as an anti-corrosion treatment by the,"Lear Jet" company.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks PDS :D

Appreciate that... There has been an increase recently in ever more subtle methods of posting spam links and we remain ever vigilant over it. Most spam gets removed almost as soon as it is seen by one of the admins so it rarely gets much exposure.

We had somebody trying to flog armchairs on here the other day :roll: :? :lol:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

A lot of the spammers I've seen floating about the boards recently, have slightly odd/uncommon conjoined names of about four syllables total. EG PerryNeum or KataSisselle.
We had somebody trying to flog armchairs on here the other day
Given our substantial older demographic, maybe they should have pitched bathchairs on a twenty-years-time delivery? :lol:
PDS
My Cars:

Post by PDS »

I do understand your/people's vigilance and it's to be commended.I run my own forum(See sig) and keep,"Spam" out of it at all costs.
Sheppola(Forum Alias/Admin).

If anyone has motorcycle problems,although specifically for the Honda CX/GL500/650s,I and many others on there have good general knowledge if you need help as I have been helped by this forum :)
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

This thread is highlighting the existence of a single post in another thread advocating a specific commercial product. Did you need to start a new thread to highlight that post? Whether or not this thread was intended to be spam I can't say for certain, but it looks very spam like to my eye. You claim to run your own forum so you should understand this very well.
Featch
My Cars:

Post by Featch »

Kowalski wrote:This thread is highlighting the existence of a single post in another thread advocating a specific commercial product. Did you need to start a new thread to highlight that post? Whether or not this thread was intended to be spam I can't say for certain, but it looks very spam like to my eye. You claim to run your own forum so you should understand this very well.
I think it's already been established this thread isn't spam. Do you really need to question the integrity of established members?
Commercial products are frequently endorsed on this Forum, especially when members have had good results. You're making an issue of someone being helpful.
2011 Volvo V70 D3