C5 Rear suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

StevieOMG
My Cars:

C5 Rear suspension

Post by StevieOMG »

I've noticed over the last couple of days that the rear of my MK1 110Hdi estate sits down at the rear when left parked overnight. I've put it through all the settings and all works fine. Levels out when engine started and rear button adjuster works fine.

Anyone any ideas what this might be? All advice greatly received.
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Assuming that you don't have big puddles of LDS under the car the two scenarios are a leak around one or both of the rear cylinders in which case I would expect there to be fluid in the gaiters and flowing back through the drains to the resevoir.
The more expensive scenario is that one of the electrovalves in the BHI (pump) is leaking. A slight leak is possibly tolerable but it will mean that the pump has to run more to keep the suspension up this will probably be unnoticeable under normal driving but I feel that it will likely get worse.

I would suggest that you eliminate leakage around the cylinders i.e check that you have no flow through the gaiter drains. Then you try and quantify how much it sinks in a given time (make allowance for fuel weight) and then check this to try and establish if it is getting worse if it does appear to be getting worse then it might be a good idea to keep your eyes open for a good pump unit just in case :-(

cachaciero