CITROEN XSARA PICASSO 1.8i petrol 51 plate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lasthope

Post by lasthope »

is it just me with this prob,in the last few month my car has been running bad a say its down to the cold some days it is ok,but last 2 days with the fog my car keeps missing and the engine management light comes on but after about 10mins + its ok but light is still on,its a funny one you can be driving along and the car would die but not cut out after a few secs it would pick up again,i notice if i keep it driving at a steady pace seems ok but when i come to slow down its missing and jerks,but when its warm its ok,

Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Your problem could be either fuel or ignition related.

When was it last serviced?

You probably need to take it to a good local independent garage who are familiar with the engine - a place where computer diagnosis is used to assist, not replace, experience and good technical knowledge.

It will help if you find out and accurately describe the pricise circumstances under which the fault occurs - otherwise you will be paying someone to find out for you and/or guess at the cause.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
lasthope

last serviced

Post by lasthope »

dont no when it was last serviced,i had car about 7month now all i done is just an oil change and top up what ever needs topping up,just come back from a 10mile drive was running ok,but it took about 2miles to make it stop missing,well its not missing as such it just stops but still runs just like if it was damp,bit like a kangaroo,but if you keep it going say at 30mph its ok till it stop jumping,i might stick some red x in