Spare Wheel Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ron

Spare Wheel Xantia

Post by Ron »

Has anybody suffered with the loss of their spare wheel.
Some bugger nicked mine!!!
Does anyone know if there is a security device available.
[:(]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Haven't heard of Xantia spare wheels going but plenty of 106/306's go walkies. Peugeot brought out a locking device. Don't know how it works or whether it would fit a Xantia.
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

Commiserations, Ron. It's happened to quite a few people, I gather.
A quick search through the back catalogue produced the following debate:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... pare+wheel
Hope it helps. Sounds like there are different wheel sizes out there, so make sure you get the right one from the scrappy.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

yes there is a locking device available from citroen,i think they are quite expensive though (and makes it a pain in the arse to get the wheel back in). a cheaper solution is to buy a bycicle chain/lock pass it through a hole in the wheel & a solid point on the car.cant remember if there are any good points to pass it through on the xantia,you'll have to have a look.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

What exactly did they do to make off with it, did they cause any damage.
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

usually they just bend the bolt to the side with vise grips or if its the soft metal hook they just bend that open.the only damage usually done is to the hook/bolt which have to be replaced.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If you own a Xantia, there's a much easier way of avoiding spare wheel theft - just lower the car to the service position when you leave it - I'd love to see someone grovel about under a lowered Xantia (or XM for that matter) just to get a spare that may or may not be worth anything!
//NiSk
Ron

Post by Ron »

They cut the carrier and nicked the wheel and jack box.
The only good thing was it was a HANKOOK Tyre.
I hope they are very hapy with each other.
If I would of found them I would have dropped the suspension
OUCH!!![}:)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>

What exactly did they do to make off with it, did they cause any damage.
Dave
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

Hello Ron
In the past month someone at work stole my Coffee mug, just an ordinary mug and in fact it was pretty disgusting as most of the glaze on the inside had worn off. When I complained to the Tea maker he said he could top that because on the same night someone had stolen the head off his mop, not the complete mop just the head. Anyway this has got nothing to do with Citroens so I'll stop rambling.
One option would to be to dispense with the spare, it's not required for an MOT. So your not left stranded either join a recovery club or carry one of those aerosol tyre sealant/inflator things.
Don't let the B*****ds grind you down.
Mark_sp
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Could be worse, someone tried to take one of the road wheels off my dad's Xantia a few weeks ago. They obviously got disturbed part way through as they'd totally removed one of the bolts and loosened the other three.
The first thing he knew about was part way through a journey when there was heavy vibration and a regular thudding noise from one side of the car. Fortunately he wasn't going fast, and stopped to investigate before it got any worse, could have been very nasty though.
Nick