Xsara door mirror glass

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nutcase
My Cars:

Xsara door mirror glass

Post by Nutcase »

Hi
After catching the drivers door mirror on a wall a while back the glass got damaged (plus a bit to the shell). I've bought a cheap replacement glass, and although I could stick it straight onto the lod glass I'd rather remove the old and fix the new bit onto the backplate.

My questiuon is, how do you remove the original glass/backplate? Is it just a case of levering it out against the shell or is there a particular knack to it? Obviously it doesn't matter if the old glass gets more damaged, but I don't want to damage anything behind it by being too cack-handed!

Btw, its a manual mirror on a 2001 Xsara 2.0HDI LX

Any advice appreciated,
Cheers
Greg
2001 Xsara HDI 110 150,000 & counting!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not sure if its the same type of fixing as the XANT, if it is you tilt the glass gentley out at top were you will see two short piece's of stiff sprung wire, with a small screw driver push them one at a time towards each other then away from you pushing them inwards,

after you have released both then you can just prize the glass and it backing away

regards malcolm
Nutcase
My Cars:

Post by Nutcase »

Thanks for that Malcolm, I'll give it a shot when the rain stops!

Cheers
Greg
Nutcase
My Cars:

Post by Nutcase »

Just to update, the fixings are as Malcolm described but the 'spring' ends are accessed from the bottom rather than the top on my car.

Got the glass & backplate out, managed to prize all the old glass off eventually, stick my cheapie replacement on and clip it back into the mirror housing. All sorted for about 6 quid :)

Thanks again for the tip Malcolm,
Regards
Greg