Peugeot N reg 306 TD hatchback manual

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mikemartin

Peugeot N reg 306 TD hatchback manual

Post by mikemartin »

Hi
Changed the battery on my N reg 306 TD hatchback, and now cannot start it. Seems to be something to do with immobiliser. Unfortunately did not receive a code when I bought it. Can anyone help?

Cheers
Mike
mark21td
My Cars:

Post by mark21td »

If you don't need to put the code in every time you start it then it's been disconected and shouldn't course you any problems.
You haven't tried reconecting it have you, as this will stop it starting untill the code is entered.
When the ignition is turned on can you hear a clonck from the fuel pump, if you can then this is the stop solienoed opening, the clonck will prove it's not an immobalser problem.

Oh, and :welc: to the forum.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Is the starter actually turning ? , if not it may not be the keypad as that does NOT cut the starter feed. The built in alarm / another immobiliser sometimes does.

If the starter does not turn:

Get out, close doors. Lock car with key (not remote!)

Wait a few seconds

Unlock car with key

Get in close door quickly switch ignition on (do not attempt to start, just turn key to postition 2) , press and hold button on steering column near ign switch (little black square button) for a few seconds

Now put in code if needed and attempt to start. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mikemartin

Re: Peugeot N reg 306 TD hatchback manual

Post by mikemartin »

Many thanks for the help, Spider and Mark. Managed to get car started with the info you gave me.