Vandalized 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glynn
My Cars:

Vandalized 306

Post by glynn »

Got home yesterday afternoon after weekend at my lady's house to be greeted with the 306 wrecked whilst sat on my driveway. Police and insurance informed.
Today took it to insurance approved bodyshop who stated that cost to fix would be approx £3000, more than the car is worth so guess its going to be written off!!!

Just thinking what i should be expecting offer wise from insurance, i paid £1500 for it, its a 2000 X plate 306 estate with 2 litre HDI engine which has covered 81000 miles. I was hoping to at least get what i paid or more. Looked on autotrader and similar are going around £2000, also checked some car valuations and they vary from £1500 - £2200.

Anyway follow the below link for some pics of the damage.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn26 ... ked%20306/
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

the government run an uninsured losses insurance, the only problem you cant claim from it unless the police know who did the damage,

you colud also tell your insurance company you want to retain the salvage rigts, then once they pay up have an indipendent body shop respray it, or at least have them give you a quote,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gosh, that's terrible :shock: :twisted:

Agree with Malcolm, retain salvage rights and have it resprayed.

Is it only paint damage?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

What a shame, looks a very tidy car, and id say you got it for a good price.

Was it only your car which was damaged? Shame for it to be written off for it, just because of midless vandals.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Mindless idiots!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
dieselnutjob

Post by dieselnutjob »

my car got keyed last night as well. on two of the panels it polished out but the top half of the passenger door is going to need respraying

The insurance company should give you what it would cost to replace your car, so start collecting adds of similar cars, and then you should be able to buy back the salvage. normally salvage is something like 10% of the value of the car

next you need to find your own spraying guy. for example where I live there is a Polish fireman who sprays cars in his spare time. He's good and will do a whole car for £600. You need to ask around.
Maybe find a place near you that sells car paint and ask them to recommend someone as they will know all of the local guys.
Make sure you see an example of his work before you commit.

You might even come out of it in profit, though your premium will be higher for a few years I'm afraid.
glynn
My Cars:

Post by glynn »

thanks for tips guys, got just over £2000 for the car and decided to let it go to the insurers.
Couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of finding somebody to respray it at a price where we'd be happy with the car again and so we decided on a 2007 plate 307 which has plenty of toys to keep us happy. Just hope this comes to no harm!!!