Xantia Alarm - no Led?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

greg123
My Cars:

Xantia Alarm - no Led?

Post by greg123 »

98 Xantia - remote and keys work but if locked wiht remote sometimes the alarm goes off.

I wanted to disable the internal sensor via the button to the right of the steering wheel, however it just clicks I can't tell if it's on or off and there is no alarm light - ever, even when the alarm is armed (the lights do flash and horn sounds if a door is open when you try and arm it etc).

Where is the alarm led and how does one disable the internal sensors/tell if they are disabled?

Appreciated, Greg.
Tdi VAG mechanic & vegoil converter
Martin Beevers
My Cars:

Post by Martin Beevers »

Greg,
The alarm LED is on the facia to the left of your clock, it has vents in it and a little LED bulb in the middle.

To switch off the ultrasonic sensing; with the ignition switch off, press and hold the alarm switch on the right facia until the LED is continuously lit. When the doors are locked with the remote transmitter and the alarm is armed the LED will flash like normal. You will be able to leave the sun roof open and or windows without fear of setting the alarm off now.

If your LED is not working I think the system should still work, but you will have no way of telling if it has been done correctly.

Another trigger for the alarm is the interior lights on the "B" posts. Sometimes there is a bad connection causing the light to come on and setting the alarm off. Worth a check.

hope this helps
95 Xantia 1.9TD SX - Now sold
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

On a S2 the alarm LED is located by the sensor on the drivers door, if yours is missing then I presume its been replaced with one from a S1.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
greg123
My Cars:

Post by greg123 »

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the help. I have just fixed the interior lights and none are coming on when the alarm sounds.

There is no led anywhere that I can see including the suggested locations, other than there is what looks like an LED location on the button to the right of the steering wheel actually on the button it's self. The button clicks when you press it in like a fog light button, it doesn't feel like a 'press to make' switch, but the led in it never lights.

Can anyone supply a pic of what I should be looking at for the led on a '98 model to help me out? Do I need to get another switch if the LED is in it so I can see what's going on?

Finally - if the detectors are in the wing mirror interior covers, would unplugging them both do the same thing or would that like on VW vehicles the alarm detect a fault in a sensor?

Thoughts appreciated,
Greg.
greg123
My Cars:

Post by greg123 »

Okay an update, apologies to those that told me about the LED on the driver's inner wing mirror cover/ultrasonic alarm sensor panel, it was indeed there. I was looking from outside in the dark and as it wasn't working, didn't see anything.

Turns out that the RHS panel (led and sensor) was not plugged in, left side was. I disconnected the left sensor and now the alarm doesn't go off all the time so that's great, especially as it's going to have a dog in a times so sensors needed disabling anyhow.

Not so good the led I plugged in but doesn't do anything, not sure if this is a duff led or because of the ultrasonics being disconnected.

In any case I can confirm everything works okay now inc the locking without the alarm going off every 5 minutes! You need to pull the top part of the door panel but not necessary to drop the whole thing to get the mirror cover off for those who may need to do this.

Thanks for the help,
Greg.