lx height adjustment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dawn64

lx height adjustment

Post by dawn64 »

the front two spheres were changed last year, the two back were done 2 weeks ago, but now i have a problem with the ride height of the front. When the car is parked the front height is heigher than it should be and the back is lower, the fluid has been topped up, can you please advise how i can solve this problem,
cheers
dawn :lol:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi Dawn and welcome

the first thinkg to check and make 100% sure the hight corrector external linkages/mechanisum/s are fully freed off and not sized up,

unless someone has altterd or adjusted/tinckerd with the fixed hight adjustment, they do not usualy go out of adjustment on there own

regards malcolm
dawn64

Post by dawn64 »

hello malcolm
WOW :shock: thanks for the quick response,
no body has adjusted it so i will check it have not seized up, if the front has seized up will it effect the height on the back?, i have a difference in space of a fist on the front and one finger on the back when the car is parked
CHEERS
Dawn
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Hi Dawn

I'm assuming you have a Xantia? You might like to add model, body (Hatch/Estate), engine and year to your signature.

Are you sure you have a problem? The rear arch on Xantias is flattened at the top, so it's normal to have less clearance at the rear. The crucial check is to park the car on the level, get out leaving the engine running and give the suspension time to settle. Stand well back - the bottom of the sill should be more or level compared with the ground.

Also, it's perfectly normal for a Xantia to take 10-15 seconds to adjust the suspension to a change in load (even just someone getting out of the car)

Next, as spheres have recently been changed, you need to give the c been give the car a good session of 'Citarobics':
With the car parked with hand brake on, doors closed, steering centred, and the engine running -

1. move the height control lever to Low (most forward position) and wait for both ends of the car to sink right down.
2. Move the lever back one notch to Normal and wait for the car to settle at both ends.
3. Move the lever back one more notch and again wait wait for the car to settle at both ends.
4. Move the lever right back to High wait for the car to settle at both ends.

Reverse the sequence.

Repeat the whole UP and Down sequence 3 or 4 times.

This will expel any air in the system which will cause weird effects.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
dawn64

Re: lx height adjustment

Post by dawn64 »

hello i have a citroen xantia estate 19td lx p reg ...............
i have tried the up & down thingy, several times, and the front it still high when parked
cheers
dawn
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Hi Dawn,

Might just be the plastic clip has popped off. If you can get the car supported properly, take a look at the front height corrector. You're looking for a short (about 3 inches long) white dog-bone shaped plastic clip. It has ball cups each end and one of those might have disengaged leaving the car with no height correction.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were abouts are you Dawn

regards malcolm
dawn64

Post by dawn64 »

Hello
i will have a look for the connector when i can get the car on a ramp, cheers for the help
i live in South Shields

Dawn