Hydraulics testing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mark_l

Hydraulics testing

Post by mark_l »

Hi!
Reading here I decided that I am enough enlightened to check my car. Ignoring couple of burns it passed OK [:D]
Here the facts, which I think have concern to the subject (sorry if no).
Accumulator sphere was never replaced or regassed.
Pressure regulator clics each 5-7 seconds.
After "citrobix" (4-5 times) I opened pressure releive valve-nothing was hear.
After 10-20 hours of parking red emergency lamp lights up and breaks operates with delay. In 5-15 seconds it becames OK. Here I don't understand: if sphere is flat-LHM does not force out by gas-so it remains in the sphere-why it takes a time to refill the sphere?
As I understand -all symptoms of flat accumulator sphere.
Am I right?
Something done wrong?
What is normal clicking frequency of pressure regulator? In Zelico Nastasic's manual 20-25 sec for BX is OK. Is it the same for Xantia?
Any reply or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Best regards
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The delay is due to the rest of the system being pressurised not the accumulator, get a new one stuck on because if you can't hear fluid being forced out when the release screw is opened it means the sphere is totaly flat, so you have no safety reserve if the engine stops or the pump drive belt breaks.
The cut in frequency of the regulator depends also on the general condition of the hydraulic system, not just how much gas pressure is in the accumulator sphere, but as a rule of thumb with a good sphere the clicks can be anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes.

Dave
mark_l

Post by mark_l »

<font color="purple">...you have no safety reserve if the engine stops or the pump drive belt breaks.
Dave</font id="purple">
Thanks Dave!
I'll replace the sphere.
By the way-now I tested the breaks with engine stopped-It works enough[?] good. Two-three times it functioned-each time more weakly, but works.[^]
EDD

Post by EDD »

Hi Mark may sound obvious but have you checked your level.
mark_l

Post by mark_l »

EDD,
LHM was overleveled-I took out appr. 100 ml of liquid.
Does anybody know whether steel ball may get stuk in the valve body and because of this to be a obstacle for unpressing of the system?