Hello

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zilspeed
My Cars:

Hello

Post by zilspeed »

I figured it's always nice to introduce yourself on a new forum and I've just signed up.

I'm the proud new owner (honestly) of a 2001 Synergie HDi.
Bought with a few issues, I'm working through them by using a bit of thought and also the search button in here. :wink:

Things fixed so far include dash lights being out. I now know it as 95,000 in the clock after fitting new bulbs. Broken NSR door handle. The pin in the outer handle was broken, so I made a new one. Clutch, it was slipping and a local place quoted me £195 plus vat to supply and fit so I ripped their arm off. Thankfully the DMF was good.
Items still to attend to are a manky carpet and a dead bulb in the aircon display.

Previous citroens include a 1st generation BX 14 Leader and an XM 2.0 si back in the nineties.

Anyway, that's me.

Hello ! 8-)
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

Welcome to the forum :welc:
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Yesh, welcome. I had a Ulysse and if I could find a good one at the right price I'd be tempted by a Synergie I have to admit. Underestimated on the driving pleasure front too!

And you've had a BX (I've had 13) and XM (I'm on my first 8-) )

Any pictures of the Mk. 1 Leader? They were a nice little car.
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
zilspeed
My Cars:

Post by zilspeed »

citroenesque wrote:Yesh, welcome. I had a Ulysse and if I could find a good one at the right price I'd be tempted by a Synergie I have to admit. Underestimated on the driving pleasure front too!

And you've had a BX (I've had 13) and XM (I'm on my first 8-) )

Any pictures of the Mk. 1 Leader? They were a nice little car.
Sorry, no pics. When we had it, the digital camera hadn't yet been invented so taking pics was something I would think more carefully about unlike these days :wink:

What I do remember is that it had the revolving drum speedo and seperate control pods either side of the steering wheel which included the rocker switch for the indicators.
It also had the most oddly delaminated windscreen with bubbles all the way across it. Oh, and no synchro on 2nd gear. C146 BTS was the reg IIRC.

The XM was a 2.0Si, which I came to from a BMW 520i, an E28. Being a small block 2.0 straight six, it was the smoothest engine and I remember thinking at the time that the XM engine was very gruff in comparison.
Being an S1, it had the earthing issues related to the suspension ECU, but I didn't know that at the time. MY wife could never ever get used to it as it was a manual car, so hill starts were either a balance of the pedals or puliing the parking brake release.