Cowboys

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Cowboys

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

I woke up to find a piece of paper with a phone number on my car ,nothing else on it just poor handwriting and a mispelled name,i taught it was just kids messing so thought nothing of it,But i rang it anyway :hb: :blah1: ,he said he was looking for my silver xantia so i told him to come and have a look at my green xantia which might interest him and i might have sold if the price was right ..As soon as i seen him i knew he wanted it for nothing..bloody cowboy :grr: .."is the gearbox,clutch any good?" he says.trying to find faults and then he comes out with il only be breaking it anyway :hb: i said make me an offer..and the idiot comes out with ..one offer and one offer only... €200...i had to laugh or i would have hit him :lolhit: ..Needless to say i told him where to go :lol: As he walked out he asked about my silver xantia again and my mothers car :roll: I could have killed the little pikey going around leaving there numbers on cars,buying for "scrap" for them to sell on
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've had the same thing Dave, twice :twisted:

I actually had a good natter with one of them after initially expressing my displeasure.

He turned out to be a dealer working on the "If you don't ask, you don't get" principle. He was very used to being told to investigate sex and travel by many people but it was amazing the results he did get, just by being cheeky and asking if older cars were wanted...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

I have disused 96 Xantia LX TD at the back of my house and I must have at least one brain donor a month making a stupid offer for it.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Being a redneck, I've a slightly unusual car on blocks, out the front. It, too, gets silly offers. :roll:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

just keep a good eye on it and make it very hard to just take away, or you might come home one day to find your car gone, as they might have been caseing the joint,

regards malcolm
XantiaDaveEire
My Cars:

Post by XantiaDaveEire »

Exactly my tinking Malcolm :wink: I wouldnt put it past them :twisted:
1998 Xantia 1.9 TD 186k
2008 C4 grand Picasso exclusive 105k #-o
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Just to add to this I buy and sell a lot of cars but I would never go knocking on peoples doors or leave my number on someone's motor.
Its a basic respect thing i recon. I see loads of cars parked up that I think " Oooo could spin a profit on that" But unless its advertised or has a big for sale sign on it i just wouldnt assume that its for sale and certainly wouldnt bother the owner as i I know how much that would anoy me.