Fellow Members In The High Wycombe/Aylesbury Area

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Fellow Members In The High Wycombe/Aylesbury Area

Post by brmartyn »

Hi all (again!)

I'm sure most of you would have seen my last post regarding the ABS light staying on in my Xantia Exclusive :cry: :cry:

I'm wondering if they are any other members close to me in the High Wycombe/Aylesbury area who are a bit more of an expert when it comes to Xantia's than I am who wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty on mine sometime soon?

Cheers guys

French car forum to the rescue once again!! :lol: :lol:
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
brmartyn

Re: Fellow Members In The High Wycombe/Aylesbury Area

Post by brmartyn »

brmartyn wrote:Hi all (again!)

I'm sure most of you would have seen my last post regarding the ABS light staying on in my Xantia Exclusive :cry: :cry:

I'm wondering if they are any other members close to me in the High Wycombe/Aylesbury area who are a bit more of an expert when it comes to Xantia's than I am who wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty on mine sometime soon?

Cheers guys

French car forum to the rescue once again!! :lol: :lol:
Forgot to add that tea and biscuits will be proved and even a few pints as a thank you afterwards 8-) 8-)
Brady

Previous French cars -
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Brady,

I know it's a bit of a trek but you're welcome any time, even in the evenings, to come over my way for a Lexia session and a bit of ABS sensor tuition...

I'm exceedingly busy this week but a quick hour can be found to run a diag. session...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
brmartyn

Post by brmartyn »

CitroJim wrote:Brady,

I know it's a bit of a trek but you're welcome any time, even in the evenings, to come over my way for a Lexia session and a bit of ABS sensor tuition...

I'm exceedingly busy this week but a quick hour can be found to run a diag. session...
Thank you very much Jim that's much appreciated :D

I would love to pop up your way but unfortunately cash is a little tight this month plus work I don't fancy trying to get up to Newport Pagnell during the evening rush hour!

Thanks Jim :)
Brady

Previous French cars -
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

brmartyn wrote:I don't fancy trying to get up to Newport Pagnell during the evening rush hour!
Indeed, I know what you mean Brady. During rush hour we're like prisoners in our own town here :twisted: You only travel in rush-hour around here if your life depends upon it. Trying to get into Milton Keynes from here is mental as we have to cross the main road to the M1 and it is jammed with demonic commuters who love to work in MK but refuse to live here :twisted: A constant flow of fast traffic driven by crazed city-types in one direction effectively stops the roundabouts working.

Their pay must be good to endure the gridlock and rally-style driving day in, day out. It would do for me :twisted:

No fun at all....

Xac, you might disagree with me here but honestly, its dreadful. if I do have to venture out it's gearbox in sport mode and go for it. Not a pleasure.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

They disrupt my rally course.
It's most inconsiderate of them if you ask me.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote: It's most inconsiderate of them if you ask me.
It is :twisted: They should have consideration for the poor folk of Newport Pagnell....
Jim

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

brmartyn wrote:I'm wondering if they are any other members close to me in the High Wycombe/Aylesbury area who are a bit more of an expert when it comes to Xantia's than I am who wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty on mine sometime soon?
I'm not far from J1 of the M40 and can give your car a Lexia session, let me know if this interests you and I'll send you a PM with contact details.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
brmartyn

Post by brmartyn »

DickieG wrote:
brmartyn wrote:I'm wondering if they are any other members close to me in the High Wycombe/Aylesbury area who are a bit more of an expert when it comes to Xantia's than I am who wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty on mine sometime soon?
I'm not far from J1 of the M40 and can give your car a Lexia session, let me know if this interests you and I'll send you a PM with contact details.
Sounds good to me DickieG. I'm going to test the ABS ECU tomorrow with a multimeter so I'll let you know how I get on
Brady

Previous French cars -
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W