C5 USB Box

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mooseshaver
My Cars:

C5 USB Box

Post by mooseshaver »

Does anyone know how easy it is to fit a usb box to a C5 mk2?
Does it need lexia programmed? I've seen them much cheaper on Ebay than through the Dealer network.
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Easy enough to fit but you do need a Lexia to program it.
GB
My Cars:

Post by GB »

Installed USB box in mine (54 reg VTR) two years ago. Didn't need lexia programming, just unplugging CD changer cable and plugging in USB box.

Have a look under the driver's seat, if there is a CD changer mounting cradle with wiring you should be OK without lexia.

Cheers,
GB
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Your C5's BSI must already be configured to have a CD changer as thats what you do with Lexia, You need to change it to have a CD changer.
Does it display the tracks on the cars screen when you use an ipod ? The multifunction display also needs to be configured (if you want) to have a CD changer to enable it to display Ipod tracks.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

I've got the change cradle and what looks like an optical cable? Both under the drivers seat.
Where does the box plug in? From the picture it looks like it goes in the glove box.

Do they work with Iphone/Ipod Touch?
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
GB
My Cars:

Post by GB »

mooseshaver wrote:I've got the change cradle and what looks like an optical cable? Both under the drivers seat.
Where does the box plug in? From the picture it looks like it goes in the glove box.
To see whether you need lexia activation do this: turn on the radio, press menu, go to audio functions and see whether "Activation of random CD changer play/track" or something like that is available. If it is, it means that your CD changer option is activated and no further lexia activation is required.

That CD changer cable goes all the way to the radio. To install USB box you just unplug the CD changer cable from the radio (you need torx screw driver to remove the radio), and plug in the USB box cable. You can place the box anywhere you like, mine is fitted inside the glove box.
mooseshaver wrote:Do they work with Iphone/Ipod Touch?
Not sure, mine doesn't. When you plug in the iphone it says "This accessory is not designed to work with your iPhone". However, it still plays the tracks - the radio display shows the iPhone as CD6, and 99 tracks available (although it can play all tracks above 99).

There is apparently new firmware for the USB box, need to install it to find out whether it works with the iphone.

PS
The iPod playlists (1 to 5) are shown on the radio display as CDs. You can select/change all tracks within those playlists. CD6 plays all ipod tracks.

Music titles are not displayed. Sound quality it top notch.

Cheers,
GB
05 C5 VTR 2.0 HDI
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

GB wrote:To see whether you need lexia activation do this: turn on the radio, press menu, go to audio functions and see whether "Activation of random CD changer play/track" or something like that is available. If it is, it means that your CD changer option is activated and no further lexia activation is required.
Cheers,
GB
Thanks I shall have a look but I think I remember seeing that option before.
Gone cars.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

This usb box sounds very interesting, i would really like to connect my iphone into my 406 car stereo, but i've never heard of the usb box, is it a peugeot part ?

I have a single disc cd player in my stereo, but i have sat nav with a single cd player in the boot as well for the navigation disc, could i still use a usb box to connect an iphone ?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Its also a peugeot part but only compatible with full CAN multiplexed cars which your 406 isn't.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

I thought my 406 was CAN multiplexed ?, i know it isnt VAN, but if it isnt CAN, want sort of language does the BSI talk to the rest of the ecu's in ?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

There are 3 types. comfort VAN, bi VAN/CAN & CAN/CAN (or full CAN). Full CAN was not around till about 2004/5.
The BSI is a gateway that links the VAN & the CAN and 'translates' it.