Peugot 106/citroen Saxo drop glass problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

isisalar
My Cars:

Peugot 106/citroen Saxo drop glass problem

Post by isisalar »

Wifes L reg 106 diesel drivers door window had jumped out of it's runner.This morning Ive got the doortrim off and had a look to see what the problem is.The glass jumps out of the runner in a forward direction exposing a hole in the glass on the trailing edge.I assume there should be a guide pin in this hole to stop the glass moving forward but I cant fathom out how on earth to fit it.
Any advice please?
Thanks
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The guide pin and rubber bushing and a clip on the "inside" (as in between the glass and outer door skin)

I think the pin is part of the regulator mechanism, I have not seen one of these doors in bits for years though.

I can furnish you with two diagrams (as you did not say 3 or 5 door) although there is not a visible difference in the pics, only the part numbers and actual items etc. Pictures show all components for both manual and electric windows, although you can see the items (2, 9 and 10 I think)

First picture 3 door, second picture 5 door. These are pre-facelift (so all models before 97 / late 96)

Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

thanks for that Spider.Would I be right in thinking that I lower the glass as far as possible and then fit the pin etc 'blind'?
The mystery to me now is where are the original bits? I had a good root around in the bottom of the door and they were nowhere to be seen or felt.
I have to go to my local Citroen main stealer tomorrow so I'll see if I can order the parts there.
Thanks.
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

As far as I can remember yes, although its been years and I think I've only ever done one on a 106 and that was because the regulator was broken.

Hopefully the pics will help a little to explain what goes where.

I don't think the parts will be expensive in any case, although I'd expect them to be non-stock unless your dealer is very good, so probably 2-3 days wait for them. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG