xantia radio wiring - steering wheel controls

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sully

xantia radio wiring - steering wheel controls

Post by Sully »

Hi,
just got a '93 Xantia. The previous owner hacked out the wiring loom for the radio, leaving dozens of wires hanging out in an ungainly fashion.
I have managed to fit a Sony radio that accepts the remote switches from the steering wheel (vai an Autoleads Smart Lead).
I have fitted new connectors for the standard radio connections (power connector & speaker conector blocks), but am stumped as to which of the severed leads from the steering wheel do what.
There are 3 screened cables that I believe I need to use for the steering wheel controls, and that shopuld connect to the Smart Lead. Anyone any idea which does what - or anyone got a wiring diagram that could help solve this dilemma?
My radio-fitting mate (it's his job... but I don't want to stretch his patience too much) suggested the only way he'd be able to do it is by looking at a Xantia with the wiring intact and taking it from there. No one in my surrounding area seems to have a xantia that fits the bill, so I'm stumped.
Cheers, S.
mfranklin

Post by mfranklin »

Where abouts are you?
Maybe If your near you could take a look at my cars wiring if it helps, I have a 93 2.0SX
Mark
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

what about going to a scrap yard & cutting a plug off the loom (noting where each wire goes).acording to the diagram i've got it should be a 10 pin black connector & wired as follows-pin 4 wire# 8493,pin 5 wire# 8494,pin 6 wire# 8495,pin 7 wire# VR5,pin 8 wire# D847.i would guess D847 is the screened wire.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Cheers guys,
I can get to a scrapyard next weekend - between times, does anyone know what colour the wires may be as below :(radio connector end - they're different to the steering wheel end !)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wheeler</i>

acording to the diagram i've got it should be a 10 pin black connector & wired as follows-pin 4 wire# 8493,pin 5 wire# 8494,pin 6 wire# 8495,pin 7 wire# VR5,pin 8 wire# D847.i would guess D847 is the screened wire.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have 3 screened wires - I think they're for the controls. One 2 of the screened wires are single core, one is double core.
TIA,
S.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

without looking at an other one i'm not sure,the diagram doesent show the wire colour just the number.citroen tend to use numbers over colours in most of the time in their diagrams.