306 XSi Wont Tickover When Cold

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ade306
My Cars:

306 XSi Wont Tickover When Cold

Post by Ade306 »

Hi everyone, this is my first post and i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i have on my newly aquired 306 2.0 XSi.

I bought it a few days ago from a guy who worked at a car dealership. He had recently had the headgasket done (properly im told, having the head skimmed, new timing belt etc). Anyway, when i went to view the car it ran fine, was started from cold and all was well. As soon as i got it home (trailered) it was a pain to start from cold and it will not tick over until its up to temp, after which everything is hunky-dory.

Ive learnt from a bit of research that it could be due to the Stepper Motor IAC valve, or the Lambda sensor. Can anyone confirm this before i go and pay Peugeot £100+ of my hard earned for parts i may not need!

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for the long post!

Ade.

EDIT:

Sorry, forgot to add, the heater in the car doesnt have much, if any, air coming from the vents even on full. Any ideas on this problem too? I had a 309GTi some years ago and this had very poor heater blowers, but not this bad.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

hi and welcome
the first thing i would do is take the spark plugs out and compaire them for any diference in colour at the electrodes/tips,

this will/should give you an idea if there is still a head gasket problem,

whilst there out give it a compresion test,

the stepper motor usualy gives when playing up intermitent non stable revs (revs all over the place), and i dont think the oxagen/lambda sensor will give bad startting as it only dose its job once fully up to temprature,

also even if it were either of these items i would purchase them from a motor factors a lot cheaper than the dealer

were abouts are you

regards malcolm