indicator buzzer. Can antone help?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

indicator buzzer. Can antone help?

Post by dowen »

I want to fit a buzzer onto my indicators, the( flasher relay is the electronic not thermal), it has 3 connectors , + , earth ,and the feed to switch. It seems the switch terminal allways has a voltage! So does anybody know here I should connect.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What car is this for dowen?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dowen

e indicator buzzer

Post by dowen »

Hi Jim , its a friends (an old man, very deaf) Omega. Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That must be a very rare one, a Citroen Omega :lol: :lol:

I now understand the need.

This can be done very easily by using a trailer indicator repeater unit. This is designed to buzz when the trailer is connected and the indicators are in circuit and the indicators are used. It's to warn of failed trailer indicators.

I've found that these units will buzz quite happily if they have just small bulbs connected to them so wire it up as recommended on the wiring that comes with these things but substitute a couple of little bulbs (or even resistors) for the trailer.

As your friend is very deaf, you may even be able to use these extra bulbs to give him a good visual warning as well as the buzz.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...