Raid into France

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Raid into France

Post by citroenesque »

As many will already know, there was an event last year, The BXagon Challenge which saw a bunch of BXers drive around the edge of France. We will have raised about £6,000 for Cancer Research UK (which wasn't bad considering half the planned number of teams took part). It is unlikely that those who took part will forget the event in a hurry, and it might be said that one of the highlights was a visit to Lohéac and Le Manoir de l'Automobile in Brittany.

I have briefly discussed with a few the idea of a Lohéac Raid and it seems something worth considering - maybe for Autumn this year. Check out http://www.manoir-automobile.fr/welcome/index.php

It wouldn't be for Charity but there'd be a voluntary contribution requested. I think the museum is one of the finest I've ever been to of it's kind. In many ways it's the best, because I like French cars!

A draft plan goes like this:
Rendezvous at the Ibis Hotel, Dinan ( http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-597 ... ndex.shtml ). Evening meal locally.
Morning: Breakfast, depart for the museum - allow an hour or so for that - meeting there at 10:30 am, giving two hours there before lunch in Lohéac - or nearby.
Afternoon: another hour and a half or so at the museum, (I will look into time on the circuit for those who might want to burn some rubber in their GTis lol) it could still mean there'd be time for a drive to the PSA/Citroen factory outside Rennes (I could find out if there's a public area there - sometimes there's a mini-museum/press centre). But this isn't a major issue. There'll either be something there or there won't… we can decide once more is known.
Evening: Back to the hotel for another evening meal.

Next day, convoy to Le Mont St. Michel via Combourg (the scenic route) and then go our separate ways after that.

What are people's thoughts?

Phil
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

No thoughts at all?
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
paul in normandy

Post by paul in normandy »

The autojumble at the beginning of October is usually worth a visit - not likely to interest drivers of more modern stuff though.
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

October's cool with me. When exactly is the Autojumble?
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Bump!
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

This was last year's event, so it could be around the same time this year. Obviously I'll try to find out more; and what the theme might be this time...

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Not getting a lot of interest in this - although some CCC members have expressed an interest. Let me know your thoughts as I am going anyway, I think. It's likely to be straddling the weekend 2/3 or possibly the 9/10th October. I need to establish when the autojumble's on but having looked into it, it's mainly a Renault affair so might actually be worth avoiding lol.