Rear anti-roll bar on xantia S2 estates???

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Rear anti-roll bar on xantia S2 estates???

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi,

I have recently had some work done on my Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX Estate.

whilst this work was being carried out said mechanic noticed that the rear anti roll bar was curved upwards in the middle towards the centre sphere.
because access with a chain wrench was difficult the anti-roll bar was straightened.
I am wondering if this has had an adverse affect on the rear wheels camber.
After also having the O/S rear radius arnm bearing replaced the O/S rear wheel still isnt standing up straight like it should.

I was wondering if anyone with a similar vechicle could check for me please if their rear anti-roll bar is actually straight or wether it to appears to have an upward curve in it in the middle?

Thanks in advance regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

From memory, mine is straight across. Easy enough to have a look in daylight!

Maybe a jacking mishap bent yours?