Finally drove a C6 at the weekend....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Finally drove a C6 at the weekend....

Post by DHallworth »

I've driven a C6 once before back in June 2007. It was very briefly on a round the block trip in Glasgow during rush hour.

I was at the Citroen dealer in Manchester this weekend collecting a new C3 that we bought for my grandmother and I got talking to the salesman.

His dad has owned BX's, CX's, XM's etc etc. and he was adamant that I had a test drive in a C6.

The car I drove was a silver 59 plate 2.7 HDi Exclusive with the full cream leather.

I was impressed with the comfort of the car after having been used to the hard ride on a Golf R32 for the last 12 months.

It really reminded me of the XM.

The main thing that put me off that particular car was the cream interior. As the entire dashboard was cream I noticed there was a hell of a lot of reflection in the windscreen. Enough to be off putting.

The performance was a bit disappointing. I thought with two turbo's and 208bhp it might of been a bit quicker off the mark. Once moving though it was plenty quick enough and made a lovely comfy, high speed cruiser.

For me it's got to be a 2.7 Exclusive in a dark colour with the black leather interior. The lounge pack in the back with the reclining rear seats was a nice touch too!

Anyone else experienced one? I know there's a few guys here who own them so it'd be quite nice to see everyones views as they are starting to come into that price range where they might be affordable.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

David,
I do agree with you comments about the cream leather, another thing that put me off was the easiness of it getting dirty. That was the reason I wanted the Black Leather interior, Mine also has the 'lounge pack' but no sunroof. Strangely enough I don't miss it either :?
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

Post by Quackers »

i drove one round a race track back in July 2007 on a "Citroen Fleet Day", which is where they had many of every Citroen on the market, and you go up to the tent, ask for a C6, they gave you the keys are you could have a few laps, then i would ask for a C4 or a C5, these were brand new, the C5 i drove only had 47 miles on the clock.

There was 2 C6's, and was hard to get hold of, many wanted a drive of it, they had the 2.2 Manual Exclusive and the 2.7 HDI V6 Auto Exclusive. I only managed to get hold of the 2.2 Manual everytime i asked for the C6 keys, it felt VERY underpowered for that size car. Good thing about it being on a race track was you could push it round corners and really corner hard, which was scary since i had a Xantia Activa and the C6 does not even come close to its handling and felt really like a boat.

Still wanted to take it home, and i still want one, but it would have to be, in black, grey interiour, with lounge pack, an auto and be either the 2.7 HDI V6 or the 3.0 HDI V6.

I just wonder by the time these cars come down to the 2-3K mark to buy used will it be worth it, with so many toys on a C6 it could be a very costly buy when the toys start going wrong.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Some interesting comments here, especially from the Citroen "insider":

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/ ... tm?t=60582

Everybody is waiting for these to become second hand bargains and
yet there's going to be naff all of them available on the market to
sate this appetite.

Andrew
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

There is a good cance demand will increase as their prices lower further, a lot of people i know like them but think they are expensive. So when the become cheaper i bet a lot more people will be wanting them. Though they will have to stay reliable to keep their appeal, as if they start to go wrong its probably going to be cheaper to buy another in a few years time. Even tyres at £900 for a set of michelins is off putting to some people wanting cars for £5-8K for example.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Post by DHallworth »

Been doing a lot of looking into this in the last couple of days.

I don't mind paying a bit more for a nice car but I really really begrudge paying the £405 a year road tax on the 2.7's.

The 3.0 HDi that's just come out is a much cleaner, more powerful and more economical engine. Because it's cleaner it's £245 a year to tax so it'll be a few years before I bought one.

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

DHallworth wrote:Been doing a lot of looking into this in the last couple of days.

I don't mind paying a bit more for a nice car but I really really begrudge paying the £405 a year road tax on the 2.7's.

The 3.0 HDi that's just come out is a much cleaner, more powerful and more economical engine. Because it's cleaner it's £245 a year to tax so it'll be a few years before I bought one.

David.
Likewise, it looks as if I'll have to wait a couple of years.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DHallworth wrote: The 3.0 HDi that's just come out is a much cleaner, more powerful and more economical engine. Because it's cleaner it's £245 a year to tax so it'll be a few years before I bought one.
Stick with a 3.0 V6 Xantia. Even cheaper on road tax :D :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

They are very nice cars and i plan to have on at some point. I had a drive in one about a year or so ago and it was really very nice. I agree about it not feeling as quick as i had imagined but it did have a lot of pull and was rather smooth with its power delivery. Which is obviously what is wanted in that type of car. The back appeared a bit underdamped to me though, and a little sort on travel for badly undulating roads. Very impressive car mind, i like all of the gadgets too.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Damn , I forgot about that high band road tax :evil:
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(