Any known C6 issues/foibles yet?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

skog77
My Cars:

Any known C6 issues/foibles yet?

Post by skog77 »

All car models have their issues, things that were poorly designed by the factory, wrong materials etc. Xantia rear height corrector for example :)

Since the C6 has been out a while, are any patterns beginning to show about specific issues, model "diseases" etc?

Just curious as i might have a chance to own one in about 10 years time :roll:
seisporting

Post by seisporting »

As the C6 uses the same engine as the S-type Jag, if its going to have issues then turbo actuator faults, DPF faults and issues with the port deactivation valves in the inlet manifold seem to be the only main issue as far as the engine is concerned.
Very vital to check oil level weekly as if the DPF(diesel particulate filter) attempts to regenerate its self but fails a few times in a row (usually due to the port deact valves failing) the amount of unburnt fuel in the oil can make the car grenade itself quite spectacularly as it sucks it up and revs until it stops.
C5IAM
My Cars:

C6 2.7 twin turbo

Post by C5IAM »

Am now in the fortunate position of having a 2.7 C6 with the 6 speed auto gearbox. Now had it for 2 years and have just cleared 20000 miles. Had it from 13 miles, but it was 8 months old and had been in the showrooms that long! Saved an absolute fortune.
Have towed a 18foot caravan through to Switzerland and Italy. also twice to France and have done about 4000 miles towing - passes included.
average fuel consumption has been 31.1mpg.
Am extremely pleased with it, the best car I have owned. Have had a Bijou, CX, 3 BX's, 2 XM's and a C5 besides other makes.
Have not had a problem with it at all, will not take it to my local dealer for services as they have not been trained on them!! I take it to Citroen UK, once every 20000 miles doesn't hurt although I am doing intermediate oil changes.
The only problem I had with Citroen is that they could not wire up the towing electrics properly even though I gave them a wiring diagram. after letting them have two attempts I sorted it myself
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

I come across a couple of things in the 6 months I've had mine, see the blog:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=27969
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I'm tempted to join the C6 club when I retire later in the year :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
C5IAM
My Cars:

C6 Issues

Post by C5IAM »

Forgot to mention last time - noise. The only sound to be heard is from the front tyres.
Approaching 20000 miles when they were quite worn I wondered if I had a driveshaft going as it was a similar noise.
Two new tyres and everything was quiet again. The individual 'blocks on the outide of the tyre tend to wear 'wedge' shaped and it is this that tends to set up the noise. The tyre width is wide, can't remember the width but this must accentuate the sound.
On a run, averaging 60'ish sometimes way over this, it is achieving more than 38mpg.
This is a 2.7 twin turbo diesel Lignage.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

20,000 miles OK, I wonder what the fault list will be like at 200,000 miles, considerably longer than a Xantia or XM I suspect. :D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:I'm tempted to join the C6 club when I retire later in the year :D
You make me jealous on two counts Richard, but mainly because you'll be retiring :lol:

So the questions are begged: Which of your fleet will go to make way for the C6 and what are you planning to do with all that lovely free time you'll have?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:
DickieG wrote:I'm tempted to join the C6 club when I retire later in the year :D
You make me jealous on two counts Richard, but mainly because you'll be retiring :lol:

So the questions are begged: Which of your fleet will go to make way for the C6 and what are you planning to do with all that lovely free time you'll have?
Good question especially as I'll also have to find a home for my VSX as its garaged at work at the moment, I quite fancy a house move to something larger with additional space for my toys so that will keep me busy for a while. Decisions decisions at the moment :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH