306 with 'STOP' warning light. Will not start.

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnT
My Cars:

306 with 'STOP' warning light. Will not start.

Post by JohnT »

Been stood for some months. Was running OK. P Reg. 1.6 manual hatchback. No spark but turns over OK. STOP light and engine management light on.
Have checked all click together electrical connection and made sure they are dry including the one to the radiator as suggested in a search I did.
Does not even try to fire. Any help please?
Thanks.
Cheers!
John
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

The stop light will be on if its not running as its partly connected to the oil pressure light (amongst other things) , I'd not be concerned the "k" light is on either if its not running, its normal for it to come on with the ignition along with all the other usual ones.

P reg so could be either shape. Do you have a keypad immobilizer in the centre console ?

One quick thing to check: Get yourself an assistant. Stand near the drivers side rear wheel and kneel down so you are about level with the wheel (no need to look underneath) , get your assistant to switch the ignition on (not start, just turn the key to the normal running / 2nd position). Listen very carefully while they are doing this, you should hear a faint buzzing sound for about 2 or so seconds. This indicates the fuel pump is working. If this is not working it may be a fuse or it may be the double relay (not sure where this is on yours probably under the ECU but not sure)

Next thing that sometimes gets overlooked: The inertia switch (if it has one) typically fitted behind the battery. Will have a plug with two wires in it and a red or black rubber top. Press the top (its a sort of button) then try to start it again.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Thanks Andy....it does have a keypad and that working normall. I will try your tips and come back to you.
Much appreciated!
John.
Cheers!
John