c5 lx radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

c5 lx radio

Post by boristhespie »

I mucked about and now my radio says the temp is upwards of 54 c. Not quite in this weather. Is there a factory settings default. HOw can I programme top stop temp constantly appearing over clock and how to programme in stations?
C'est pas possible!
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

You haven't set it to Fahrenheit have you?
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
rmunns
My Cars: 2019 C5 Aircross 2litre diesel, auto.
2018 C4 Pic2 Spacetourer auto. Seems nice so far.
2019 C4 Cactus manual. Didn't like it, lots of niggling points. sold.
2011 C4 Picasso excl. - shaping up to be a disaster, bought June 2019. P/X'd
2009 Citroen C5 X7 exclusive, auto, LHD, 207500km (129000miles) now sold
Citroen Xsara Picasso excl. 2004 2.0 Hdi, RHD, 64000miles. (sold)
Citroen C3 Picasso excl. 2016. sold.
Two Xantias, one petrol, one diesel. sold.

In the past: Renault 16 (in about 1977, for a year). With front pass. seat out transported full bathroom suite from Cambridge to Derby!)
Renault 4TL (in 2011, for a year)

Post by rmunns »

Boris, you got home ok?
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

It sounds like it's in Fahrenheit I think it comes up in the options when you set the clock.

The temperature display takes priority if the temperature is between +3 and -3, and presumably on the Fahrenheit equivalents. Interestingly the ice alert disappears again at -4 or below, a bit of lazy programming I think. If you press the end of the wiper stalk it reverts to the normal display for a few seconds.

To programme in stations you tune into the station you want, then hold the number button you want to use for a few seconds.
Richard

No French cars of my own at present.
Care of a 1994 205 D.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Ahhhh I mucked about with end of stick trying to muck about with lights. Could be that.

Got home Okay. Had a horrendous journey when getting off ferry in france involving closed motorways. The French inability to create diversions (or maintan them), grit the road (The don't grit motorway exits despite the horrendous bends these have, and having to dig car out deep sliding snow. Plus Sliding down long, Steep hills with full lock is not great. Especially with wierd cambers aiming into oncoming traffic.
Should have gotten there at 1am but got their at 8.30am. Twas Knackered.

Never used car in France. Took to garage and was told they couldn't find anything (45euro) but here is a quote for 1500 euro for the head gasket.

Lost more coollant on way up In all put in 2.5 litres.

Got home okay. Missed all the bad weather here.

Then used Wynns and so far (TOUCH WOOD) it seems okay. So may have (TOUCH WOOD EVEN MORE) plugged any hole. May have been heater matrix as it is heating better and the sickly sweet smell I thought was cleaner has gone as has some condensation.

Put in garage. Was pressure tested, no leak found 80 quid thank you.

Returned to frozen pipes as boiler definately snuffed it this time. £2500 for new one. For now we and the pipes will have to freeze.
C'est pas possible!