New to Xantia - Start up problem - please help1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nejati2010
My Cars:

New to Xantia - Start up problem - please help1

Post by nejati2010 »

Hello All,

Happy 2010! I am new to Xantia. I have Citroen Xanitia 2.0 (auto) which was working perfectly, but since today I had a start up problem. I tried to read similar posts, but since I am new to xantia and this site, I need more beginner type of help.

The problem with the car is that when I turn the key to start, unline previous time which all the lights on the dashboard went on, now only the battery light goes on and I don't see any other light. So when I start the engine, the starter works but the car does not start. I showed it to a mechanic who checked and said it seemed everything is O.K. and even the battery is strong. He was just concerned about the current and said it seems to be low. Do u have an idea what I can do on my side to see if I can have it solved? Your guides are highly appreciated.

Thanks again guys. :(

Bests,
Mehran
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Have you checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes (under the dashboard and behind the battery)?

This problem could also be caused by a faulty ignition switch, or a break in the wiring somewhere.

For your model of car, the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manuals should be fairly accurate, but maybe someone will be able to post the wiring harness locations, which should help to track the path of the current.

It would help a lot if you told us the year of manufacture of the car, or if it is Mk1 or Mk2, is the grille mounted on the bumper or on the bonnet?

Good luck!
nejati2010
My Cars:

Thanks

Post by nejati2010 »

Thanks. It is late 95, petrol model and automatic. Any more advice is appreciated!