Clock/Temperature Display on Xantia SX Dashboard.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Clock/Temperature Display on Xantia SX Dashboard.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi,

Has anyone tried replacing the bulb to the clock/temperature display just below the centre air vents on an xantia and actually got it working again?

I changed mine and after putting the dash back together discovered that it wasnt the bulb it was a break in the wiring somewhere along the way.

its just one of those annoying things not having the clock lit up when driving at night. I have got to strip out the dash again soon because I have to replace my upper steering column because the bearing is Knackered it would be interesting if anyone else has managed to re-wire the bulb taking power from another source.

if you have how did you go about it Please?

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Clock/Temperature Display on Xantia SX Dashboard.

Post by DickieG »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:Has anyone tried replacing the bulb to the clock/temperature display just below the centre air vents on an xantia and actually got it working again?

I changed mine and after putting the dash back together discovered that it wasnt the bulb it was a break in the wiring somewhere along the way.
it would be interesting if anyone else has managed to re-wire the bulb taking power from another source.
I've replaced those bulbs a couple of times without problems but that doesn't really help you, as the switches also light up couldn't you take a feed from those?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

DickieG,

thanks for replying,

the trouble is that the lights to the clock display are fed by the kind of electrical tape used behind the airbag on the steering wheel, it would be a nightmare trying to solder wires onto it.

I think I'll have to solder a bulb to a couple of fresh wires and find two source leads elsewhere that only comes on with the ignition or lights, my concern being that tthe rest of the dash board is served by this annoying eletrical plastic tape.

ahh just a thought I wonder if the ahstray ciggy lighter socket lit surround dimms with the rest of the dash lights? might be able to take two proper leads from there.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I have actually scessfully soldered the "Tape" wires between the Radio controls on the steering wheel after I tried to remove them from a wheel and one flipped out tearing the paper ribbon in two!

I used a Weller Temerture controlled Iorn, and set it to the lowest possible setting that melted solder.. and got it all back together..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

a Weller temperature controlled iron
How about using ordinary paper staples, as they do on passenger planes in some countries ? :shock:
No risk of crashing; at worst you’ll only be out of music. :twisted:
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I've wondered how different the Xantia harness is, to the D8 406s - they having the multifunction display with temperature, time, trip mileage and whatnot.