berlingo aftermarket stereo problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kungfu

berlingo aftermarket stereo problems

Post by kungfu »

hi all, recently got an 02 blingo van, i took out the phillips stock stereo and thought i would throw in a freebie thing i got from staples ages ago, its a usb/sd card only player, (i know it works cos i tried it in my astra before i got the van) anyway it powers up fine and plays files off the usb stick, just no sound at all from the speakers? any ideas how to fix much appreciated
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If the old one worked fine & you have plugged the new one in correctly then it can only be a problem with the new unit. Its not something silly like the set stuck on mute or something is it ?
kungfu

Post by kungfu »

cheers no, im now seeing on some sites that i may need an iso adaptor which i thought i didnt? just downloaded a database dated nov 2009 says i need a pc2-32-4 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... oduct.html anyone confirm this? its just that i was going off a site that said no adaptor necessary at first :/
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I wonder if there may not be more to it than that.
The reason I say this is that my OEM radio, which will be the same as yours was, will 'play' mp3CDs, shows the track, time etc. but no sound emerges from the speakers.
I have a colleague with a 52 Berlingo, exact same radio and the same CDs produce sound from his speakers.

May be a job for a Lexia?
kungfu

Post by kungfu »

i bought the iso adaptor that the database thing said i needed, just plugged it in and now get nothing stereo not even lighting up, on the adaptor is a long red wire attached to one end only, any one got any ideas, just want some sounds in the van :(

edit: ok am i right in thinking this long red wire needs to be wired in to cig lighter or somewhere? is that why im getting no power to the unit?