206 1.4 TU Cambelt Replacement Guide

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

206 1.4 TU Cambelt Replacement Guide

Post by CitroJim »

I have just published a guide to replacing the cambelt on a 1.4 TU engined Peugeot 206 Here.

Please let me know of anything not clear, spelling errors or anything just plain wrong.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

very good write up Jim,

appart from i do this job all from the top without jacking the car up and removing the O/S/F wheel and arch linner,

i hope thats a metric adjustable spanner Jim

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: appart from i do this job all from the top without jacking the car up and removing the O/S/F wheel and arch linner,
Ye gads! How on earth do you manage that Malcolm? You must be some kind of Houdini or the India Rubber Man :lol: Surely the engine mount gets in the way...

No, it was a Whitworth adjustable :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

nah theres enough room to drive a double decker bus down there, besides you can alway unbolt the top section of the mountting,

regards malcolm
luby

Re: 206 1.4 TU Cambelt Replacement Guide

Post by luby »

Thank you very much for such a detailed guide Jim. I have a question regarding the cambelt tensioning procedure. My 206 has KFW engine. In both Haynes and Peugeot service manuals, in addition to the 44 SEEM units tension being set, the procedure you described goes a bit further and they apply the valve rocker contact plate (valve spring tensioning tool 4533-TZ or 0132AE) to release all the cams and then proceed to release the belt tension to between 29 and 33 SEEM units. Have you seen (or anyone else who works/worked on these engines) this additional procedure being done, and would you have an idea what would be its purpose, in other words why 44 SEEM unit tension without freeing cams is apparently not enough now and was fine in the past?