Synergie Gear Problem!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Newby

Synergie Gear Problem!!

Post by Newby »

Hi all, I am new to this , so bear with me. My wife pulled up at trraffic lights, put car in neutral as lights take ages to change. When lights started to change she went to put in gear, but couldn`t , the gear lever just went all over the place and she could not select any gear. When AA man came he just said the Gearbox was broken, I find this hard to believe. Any help would be appreciated!![/b]
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

It could be an internal gearbox problem but I think its more likely the linkage to the gearbox or the bush at the bottom of the gear lever.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Newby

There are 2 cable support brackets toward the back of the engine/gearbox visible when looking under the bonnet. One of these has probably snapped or one of the cable locking slides has come adrift from the bracket. Take a look and you may see one flailing about. Mine went about a week after I bought the car and I returned it to the supplying garage for repair. They were supposed to replace it but ended up welding the old one back together. I guess they had trouble sourcing a replacement.

Gammy
Newby

Post by Newby »

Thankyou for your replies Peter.N. and Gammy. I will try and have a look some time today.

Newby.
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

VERY likly to be gear cable, theres two that run to the top of the gearbox, if your lucky one cable may have popped out with a lost C Clip, or a broken bracket.. but I also doubt VERY much it will be the box itself...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Newby

Post by Newby »

Thanks Paul, a new cable or clip / bracket seems a lot better than the :idea: of replacing a gearbox.

Newby.
Newby

Replacement Clutch

Post by Newby »

Hi guys, Ive had a few people look at the Synergie and it looks like a replacement Clutch is needed, It seems as though either the bearing has collapsed or the pressure plate has gone.It is a 1900 Turbo Diesel,any tips on replacing this myself rather than going to a garage as ive been quoted upwards of £280+. Your help would be appreciated.

Newby.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

£280+ doesn't sound bad for a clutch replacement. You could do it yourself, get a Hains manual and you can read it and see if its within your comfort zone.